7 Benefits

Myth or Fact: Do nuts make you fat?
July 27, 2017

Eat less from the box, and more from the earth...

So what are the benefits REALLY?

Over 7 Reasons To Enjoy Pecans

Like many nuts, pecans have some awesome health benefits to offer. Here are over 7 health benefits of pecans.

Promoting Digestive Health, Relieving Constipation – Fiber is essential for promoting colon health and paving way for regular bowel movements. The fiber found in pecans help to clean out the gastrointestinal system, allowing the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency. Some other benefits relating to fiber and colon health are reduced risks of colitis, colon cancer, and hemorrhoids.
Boosting Heart Health – Fiber is also known to boost heart health. Pecans also contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats like oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants. Both of these substances help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes. Additionally, one study (of many studies coming to similar conclusions) published in the August 2006 issue of Nutrition Research found that pecans may help prevent coronary heart disease by inhibiting unwanted oxidation of blood lipids.
Promoting Bone and Teeth Health, Preventing Muscle Soreness, and More – After calcium, phosphorus is the most abundant mineral in the body, with 85% of it being found in bones and teeth. The other 15% can be found in both cells and tissues. In addition to helping the body to cleanse waste, the mineral partners up with calcium to promote the health of your bones and teeth. Additionally, the mineral is essential for the growth and repair of cells and tissues along with the production of DNA and RNA. Lastly, phosphorus helps prevent muscle pain following exercise.
Reduced Breast Cancer Risk – Like olive oil, pecans contain oleic acid, a fatty acid with some promising benefits. One of oleic acid's prime benefits revolves around the reduced risk of breast cancer, where the substance has been shown to induce migration and proliferation in breast cancer cells, and promote an increase in breast cancer cell invasiveness.

Information duplicated from naturalsociety.com
Anti-Inflammatory – Pecans are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. One study found that "inflammatory indicators in the body such as CRP (C-reactive protein), TNF (tumor necrosis factor alpha), and IL6 (interleukin 6) were all reduced when magnesium intake was increased." Further, inflammation in the arterial walls was also reduced with magnesium intake. Based on the findings of this study, magnesium can effectively reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, and other inflammation-related health ailments.
Reduced Blood Pressure – Magnesium has also been shown to help lower blood pressure. Again, pecans are rich in magnesium. Reduced Stroke Risk – After evaluating 7 studies published over a 14 year time period, researchers found stroke risk was reduced by 9% for every 100 milligrams of magnesium a person consumes per day. The research can be found in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.